Once upon a time I was the queen of the frittata…………….but the frittata needed a bit of a rebrand here at retro mummy. A bit of a revamp. Because just the very word frittata was bringing out groans from everyone including retro daddy. Here was my all time favourite – sweet potato and feta frittata. So get the thermomix out, whizz everything up, call it a slice and voila everyone is eating it. Even when I say zucchini. Yes, that is a green vegetable and I have some little people who are not fans of vegetables and especially of the green variety.
This is super easy. I had been making the zucchini and bacon slice in the thermomix but we’ve been eating much less meat in the house and feta is just the best replacement ever. You only need a few ingredients for this one, can whip it up on a weeknight and you don’t have to use a thermomix or food processor. A grater would work fine – just watch those fingers and knuckles if you’re like me with a grater. We especially like this with garlic bread.
- ½ red onion
- 2Tbsp oil
- 2 large zucchinis
- 6 eggs
- 200g feta (we love danish feta here!)
- 4Tbsp flour
- Cut onion into quarters and place in thermomix bowl. Process for 5 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down sides. Add oil and heat for 2 minutes, 90 degrees and speed 1.
- Add in roughly chopped zucchini and process depending on how chunky you want your zucchini. For this house it's finely chopped all the way so I do a couple of seconds on speed 4. If you want chunky just press turbo once or twice.
- Add in eggs, feta and flour. Process for 5 seconds on speed 3.
- **Pour into a lined square tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes in a 200C/400F oven until nicely golden on top.
- Leave for a couple of minutes in the tin then slice and enjoy.
- If you don't have a thermomix then just make it all in a food processor and if you don't have a food processor, grate the onion and zucchini. Lightly saute your onion for a few minutes. Whisk the eggs and combine all ingredients and follow from **.