It’s been a while since I’ve made these but already I have a few Bring a Plate events in the diary that I need to get to and I’m thinking these might be just the ticket!
Give these a go and tell me what you think! Or maybe you already make these and have a few variations you’d love to show! Let me know, I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 Christmas pudding (about 700grams)
- a good splosh of brandy/whisky (optional)
- 200g dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- 150g white chocolate, melted
- small bag of glace cherries (red and green)
- Break up the fruit pudding in a large bowl and add a good splosh of brandy or a spirit. This is optional..
- With damp hands roll about a tablespoonful of mixture into a ball and place on a lined baking tray or large plate.
- Pop in freezer for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile cut your cherries into small pieces and assemble them on a plate to look like holly.
- If you'd like your puddings covered in dark chocolate then melt in the microwave. I pop mine in a big glass bowl and put it on medium for 2½ minutes and stir it a few times inbetween.
- Dip each ball in chocolate and set back on tray/plate. Repeat with all the balls and place back in freezer for another 20 minutes or so.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle a little bit over the top of each ball and top with a tiny bit of red cherry and 2 bits of green cherry.
- Refrigerate until needed.