I bet you weren’t expecting a recipe any time soon. I wasn’t expecting to share any but feeding my little guy makes me hungry and there are only so many muesli bars, bananas and biscuits I can eat. So a cake, hot out of the oven on a saturday afternoon is just what I needed. And it was so good that I had to share the recipe………………….here it is after a bite. And this wasn’t the only piece that I had.
The trick to baking a cake with gluten free flour is finding the right flour and leaving your cake to cool before you slice it. Thanks to my readers I started using White Wings gluten free flours which are perfect. Closely followed by the macro gluten free flours from Woolies.
This cake is light and moist and still tasted great the next day after church.
- 1 cup raw sugar
- rind of 1 lemon
- 125g butter or margerine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup shredded or dessicated coconut
- 1½ cups self raising gluten free flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place sugar and lemon rind in thermomix and process for 10 seconds on speed 9.
- Add in butter, eggs, juice, milk and flour and mix for 20 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down once in between.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and top with the blueberries - don't press them in just sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake in a 180 C oven for about 35 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Set aside. I leave it cool 10 minutes in the tin then lift out and cool on a cooling rack. When cool sprinkle some icing sugar on top and enjoy.