This post is brought to you by Woolworths
The weather has definitely got chilly here and the central heating is on. We haven’t braved the fireplace yet but it’s definitely cold and my thoughts turn to soup for dinner. Mind you not all of the family considers soup a dinner but I do.
This is a super easy one that I started making when I lived in London. Definitely soup weather there. It’s super easy and super healthy and great if you’re watching your weight and looking for a meal that won’t add the kilos this winter. Also the ingredients are super easy to remember making it great to pick up a few things from the shops, come home and make it. And you know how some soups take all afternoon to make? Well this one doesn’t. Nice and easy.
- 1 brown onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1kg carrots
- 1 litre Woolworths Select Vegetable stock
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 lemon
- 4 - 5 Tbsp Woolworths Select Greek Yoghurt
- Dice onion and saute in olive oil for a few minutes. I add a dash of salt to help the onions soften.
- Add in peeled and diced carrots and cook for a couple of minutes, add in stock and bring to boil. Simmer and cook until the carrots are nice and soft which is about 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour into food processor or you can use a stick blender and add in a big handful of fresh coriander.
- Puree and make sure you get all the carrot bits. Nothing worse than having a pureed soup and finding a chunky bit in it.
- Serve in bowls and top with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt, a good squirt of lemon juice (spare the pips) and a sprig of coriander. Done
- Serve with some crusty bread or toast and you have one delicious winter meal.