Well it’s been a long time between sewing projects around here. But a new delivery of fabrics had me searching through my patterns for something I could whip up in a day and add to elodie’s wardrobe. Once upon a time I made so many of keira’s clothes but then our family grew so quickly and so did this blog and I just don’t get as much time in front of my sewing machine as I’d like. Oh and there are competing crafts of course, that doesn’t help. But I know I’m not alone.
This is a great little pattern with some cute variations. The pattern is McCalls M4814 and I had the size 1-3 so I could cut out the size 3 and use it for elodie. It’s probably a tad too big but I prefer to make them a bit bigger to grow into.
I made a mistake with the bodice and should have done it differently but I’m still happy with the way it turned out and will blame that on being a bit rusty in reading sewing pattern diagrams. And let’s call it a design feature and just making it my own.
She loves it and that is all that matters. The fabric is from Rosalie Quinlan Candy Bloom and I’ll be selling some soon as I can photograph it all and get it up on the internet.