Or retro daddy’s rocky road! Last Christmas retro daddy started dropping hints that he had the best idea for rocky road………….I was stuck in my own way of doing it (maybe I wasn’t convinced on his idea) but this year I said why not! He even named the recipe himself.
So he bought everything…………you’ll notice the homebrand, he loves homebrand and does the groceries each week with a very keen eye on the prices.
You’ll notice that the bananas were opened before we actually made the recipe and that was me looking for something sweet last night………………OK, and this morning too. I’ll admit it. I don’t usually have lollies in the house so when I do they don’t last long.
Now this is one for the sweet tooth’s out there and will be lots of fun for Christmas, giving away as presents and kids parties. And if you stock up on chocolate then you’ll also be able to get 2 – 3 batches out of the lollies shown in the picture so go crazy
What’s your rocky road secret? Care to share…………
- 1 bag white chocolate melts
- 1 handful raspberry lollies
- 2 handfuls banana lollies
- 2 handfuls marshmallows
- 100's and 1000's to sprinkle over the top
- Melt the chocolate stirring as you go. I like to do mine in a microwave safe jug or bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds on medium high and stirring a few times.
- Tip in the lollies, stir well so they are all coated in white chocolate, spread into a silicone lamington tray or a tray lined with baking paper.
- Use a spatula to get all of the chocolate out of the bowl and spread or drizzle over the top of the rocky road.
- Sprinkle with 100's and 1000's and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Slice with a big sharp knife and enjoy or wrap up to give away.
- During summer I keep this in the fridge and then take it out about 10-30 minutes before serving.