This post is brought to you by Woolworths
Oh I love that this post was due just a day after I lost my kitchen. I couldn’t find anything in the temporary kitchen and my fridge was downstairs. Last night I managed to drop a can of tuna on my lovely carpeted stairs when I tried to take up some wraps, avocado, open can of tuna and a litre of milk and tried to open the security gate at the top of the stairs. Luckily the can had been drained and the carpet is like teflon. mmmmm the smell of tuna on carpet. Nice.
But moving on to the Macro range. We’re big fans of the Macro range at our house and especially because we don’t eat a lot of meat, I’ve gone gluten free and we like to eat healthy. So I put on my thinking hat, I asked keira what recipes we could create using the tiny space I have in the kitchen and I searched out the Woolworths online site. And that’s the best place to see how huge the Macro range has grown to – look here – you’ll find organic, free from, gluten free, baby organic, mini macro, natural, free range…it’s fabulous. And of course you can buy everything you need for this recipe from your local Woolies store.
And I saw gluten free corn chips (not all corn chips are gluten free so you need to read the packaging but the Macro ones are proudly gluten free)…………….. and I thought to myself, nachos! A real favourite in this house. There are a few ingredients for this one but it’s always a crowd pleaser.
Great for when the footy is on and I have been known to bring the tray out to the lounge room and let the kids eat from the tray. It’s that good. We all tuck in and when I made this batch up it was the perfect school holiday lunch.
and they look like a bunch of seagulls getting in to this plate……………..and we start them young here because elodie was the first one helping herself
And while I was at Woolies buying the nacho ingredients I saw a few new products that had to come home with me. Just in time for having people over and shhhhh I won’t say the word but you know what in December.
Teamed up with a bag of Macro Raw Fruit and Nut Mix they look great out in serving bowls. I actually thought they would be great to have on hand when people come over or as a little gift. So delicious and beautifully packaged and presented too.
Do you have any favourites in the macro range that you are loving? Love to hear what you are loving.
- 1-2 bags Macro organic corn chips
- 1 can Macro Organic red kidney beans
- 1 cup Woolworths Select grated cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 jar Woolworths Select salsa
- Woolworths sour cream lite
- Drain can of kidney beans and rinse in water. Tip into a bowl and combine with about 2 or 3 Tablespoons of salsa.
- Mash up the avocado.
- Arrange the chips (leaving about ½ of one bag aside) on a lined baking sheet and spread them out but kind of make a pile in the middle too. Tip on the bean mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese. We love lots of grated cheese on ours so go crazy.
- Bake in a 200C/400F oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and it's all looking lovely and golden - watch those chips don't burn.
- Now top with mashed avocado, sour cream and some salsa drizzled over the top with a spoon. Tuck in and enjoy.
- To make this vegan just leave out the sour cream and cheese.