Lunch for me is usually a piece of toast, a ham sandwich, a sushi roll or some cheese and crackers. I know. Not very original. And I had been out at the dentist all morning, raced retro daddy up to the train station and wondered what on earth I was going to eat for lunch because it was already 11.40 and I couldn’t do sandwiches! I’m trying to adopt a gluten free (and dairy free) diet for elodie (and everyone) and I wasn’t sure what to make.
So in the car I thought about making a frittata but it ended up more like my usual zucchini slice but whatever you call it……it was delicious. Usually I have loads of cheese when I make this but I didn’t miss it. Kind of. Herbs would be great in this too and so would sweetcorn but I was just working with what I had in the fridge. Oh and just leave out the tomatoes if you have hot tomato haters at your house. I’m just a huge fan of cooked tomato but not everyone is.
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 carrots
- 6-8 eggs
- 1 tomato sliced
- Place bacon and onion into thermomix bowl and process on speed 5 for about 20 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and if any bits need a bit more processing just do it again for a few seconds on speed 5.
- Add in oil and saute for 3 minutes, 100 degrees and speed 1. Scrape down bowl.
- Add in the carrots (roughly chopped) and process on speed 6 for about 10 seconds until finely chopped.
- Add in eggs and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- **Pour into a lined cake tin and top with sliced tomato.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a 200 degrees oven and enjoy. I loved this with black pepper on top.
- If you don’t have a thermomix just chop the onion and bacon, saute in a frypan for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, whisk in the eggs, finely grated carrot and follow from **.