I got in from church after 11.30 yesterday and needed something sweet with my coffee. No cakes or biscuits in the house but a few boxes of cake mix for some cupcakes I had to make.
I decided to whip up a super quick tea cake that anyone can make and everyone will enjoy. It is so delicious and light and it would also make a great dessert hot out of the oven with some ice cream. No fancy ingredients required.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- canned fruit (not too heavy)
- brown sugar
- Make cake mix according to the packet. I mix mine for 2 minutes on speed 4 in the thermomix.
- Pour into a lined square or round cake tin
- Decorate with some canned fruit - I like pie apple as it's not too heavy that it sinks to the bottom.
- Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp brown sugar over the top of the fruit and some cinnamon and bake for about 35 minutes until cooked right through in a 180 degrees oven.
- Top with some icing sugar and enjoy