Brought to you by the Allen’s team
congratulations Sarah Kennedy the winner! thank you everyone for entering!
Halloween, love it or hate it, is coming soon. I grew up only knowing about Halloween from american movies and no one ever trick or treated in our street. But over the years as my little ones have grown bigger (and begged to go out) we’ve taken part and seen it grow in popularity. Mind you we don’t go trick or treating but are happy to dish out the lollies from our front door.
here are a few tips for a happy halloween if you want to take part
– go together in groups and ALWAYS have an adult or two with the children
– if the house isn’t decorated don’t go a knockin’
– get the kids to decorate a bucket,basket or gift bag to collect their lollies. We’ve seen a few last minute grey shopping bags from the supermarket but you know you can do better and it’s a great activity for the kids.
– if you just want to do your own street pop a little note with a balloon attached and let neighbours know they can participate by putting the balloon out on their letterbox and if the balloon isn’t out then we won’t bother you. When we ran out of lollies we just bought the balloon in and it was so easy for kids to find the right house to go to.
– dress up!!!!!!!!!! raid the dress up tub or hit the $2 shop or make your own!!!!! There are lots of ideas on Pinterest just by typing in halloween costumes. You can even find costumes for little ones in prams and wheelchairs.
– remember your manners….we always give out extra lollies for the super polite trick or treaters
– have plenty of lollies (I always do a last minute lolly run) and wrapped lollies are the way to go. Allen’s mini bags of jelly beans are perfect with 9 delicious jelly beans in each mini bag.
You can find Allen’s mini bags of jelly beans at your nearest Coles and independent supermarket. So keep an eye out for them as they are our favourite jelly beans.
And as a special giveaway I have a $250 Spotlight gift card for one lucky reader. You could go crazy on halloween decorations or costumes or make your own or just shop up a storm for craft at your house. The lucky winner will also receive some delicious Allen’s mini bags of jelly beans! To enter just tell me what you’ll be buying from Spotlight if you win…………..
One entry per person, full terms of my giveaways are here, entries close 5pm Thursday 23rd October 2014.