This post is brought to by Finish Power & Pure
Following on from last week’s post I thought I’d share a few of the ways that we avoid using chemicals in our home and I would love to hear what your top ways are too. Some of my readers had some great tips. I will admit I’ve tried a few things over the year that I haven’t really stuck with – soap nuts was one thing I tried in my laundry that are supposed to clean your clothes but I didn’t last too long with those. I’ve used cloth nappies with a few of the little people but not for too long and ended up back in disposables. I do prefer using home made wipes for newborn nappy changes and tend to stick with that after I come home from the hospital.
But here are a few things that we do and I’ve done since having kids in the house which are pretty easy to stick to
1. Use pump sprays over aerosol cleaners and you can find lots in the supermarket without having to spend a lot of money.
2. You can’t beat bicarb as a cleaner and it’s great in the fridge too as it absorbs smells. We have to treat the water here at the house since we’ve moved in and I can’t put any ammonia products down the toilet so it’s an extra incentive to watch what goes out of the house in our water.
3. Teegan reminded me that it’s not just the chemicals you use it’s what you eat. Are you making your meals from scratch? Are you growing your own fruit and veggies or buying organic? Don’t forget the food we eat. Some of you said that you now do an apple cider vinegar bath for your fruit and veg that aren’t organic.
4. Carlie had a great reminder about what we wear and sleep on. The recent clothing recall of jeans that has made the headlines is a reminder that we usually don’t know or pay attention to what chemicals are used in our clothes and homewares and that is where organic ranges come in. And another great reminder from Carlie was BPA free plastics.
I’ve been trying to use less chemicals in the house for the past 7 days including using Finish Power & Pure and being a Finish user already I found it great that the tablet performed as I expect even though it has less chemicals. I did like that there was less smell to the tablets and also to my dishes afterwards. To trial your free sample of Finish Power & Pure just email email@example.com with your name, address, email and a contact number.
In order to enter the competition you just need to try out Finish Power & Pure for yourself as part of your own 7 day home detox, come back to the blog and tell me about it in the comments before 10am, 6th June. Winners will be rewarded with one of these great prizes:
1. A year’s supply of Finish Power & Pure, $1500 of Breville appliances and your review published on my blog
2. A year’s supply of Finish Power & Pure and $500 of Breville appliances
3. A year’s supply of Finish Power & Pure
I will email all winners on the week commencing June 26. Terms & Conditions of the giveaway can be found here.